All businesses requires a phone system. Whether if you are running a small one man operation or a large corporate business being able to communicate effectively with customers is key. Unlike in our personal lives where the trend is now to send messages rather than call with services such as WhatsApp in the business world picking up the phone and speaking directly to a potential client or customer cannot be done with a text message. Sales teams, customer service and support teams are just some areas of the business that will require a phone system. Picking the correct phone system for your business allows both internal and external communication to be a seamless process. Below we discuss some of the main considerations you should factor in when picking your system.
- What feature do you need from a system? Do you require a business phone system that will enable transfers, answer machine services and work over VOIP. What features does your business need from its system? This should be the first thing you should consider.
- What is your current setup? What is the strengths or weaknesses of your current phone systems if you already have an existing one. Are you looking to upgrade due to business growth or if this is the first telephone system you are considering think about who will be using it, how many will you need?
- What is your growth plan? There is no need just getting a couple of phones if you expect to hire triple the amount of staff you have now in the next few months. Forecast for your expected staff growth so when you grow you have the system in place that can handle that growth.
- How do you work? Are your employees sitting in the office, work remotely or do they travel a lot. These are all further considerations. For example if you are a business where working remotely is the norm a cloud based telephone system would be ideal to keep you all connected.
- What is your budget? If you are a business on a tight budget make sure you stick to it. There are many providers on the market from low end to top end. Our advice would be to compare all the leading supplies in the market to find the best telephone system rates for you.
To conclude when it comes to picking the right phone system for your business keep in mind price, features, quality and user experience. How much will it cost, does it have the right features your business needs, it is reliable and how easy will it be to use. Once you understand all these factors picking the correct system for your business will no longer seem like a daunting task. There are also many sites that can help you with this by comparing all the leading business providers and making sure they match you with the right one for your needs.
Small businesses make many tough decisions so we hope our advice here makes you make the right one when it comes to have the correct phone system in place.